Friday 9 July 2010

Brandy Buttercream Moustache Cupcakes


My other alcoholic cupcake of the week is the equally delicious, if less summery, Brandy Buttercream Cupcakes. I made these for the comedy show Take the Empire which is based around the idea of a Victorian gameshow. I needed an old-man, posh-type flavour and decided on using brandy (the classic upper-class male after-dinner drink). The final cupcake was a vanilla sponge with brandy buttercream icing, for which I used a creamy brandy liqueur. The brandy really brought out the rich vanilla flavour and, along with those moustaches, went down an absolute storm! All proceeds went to the North London Hospice, a charity which is exceptionally close to my heart as they looked after my father wonderfully in his last weeks. I hope to be selling cakes at the monthly comedy night and continuing sending money to these amazing people who receive no government funding and rely solely on donations.

No comments:

Post a Comment